Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions, LLC (Four Peaks) is a growing environmental science and engineering consulting firm serving public and private entities in the Pacific Northwest. We help clients solve challenges in the aquatic environment requiring expertise in aquatic research, water resource management, data science, and regulatory compliance. Our work environment is fast-paced with a work-hard/play-hard attitude. Our mission is to provide data-driven, cost-effective solutions and the highest level of customer service to our clients.
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Scientist 1-3 position to assist with fisheries/water resource focused projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, solid quantitative/analytical skills, effective communication skills and the ability to work independently in office and field settings. The ideal candidate will also have experience with one or more of the following: evaluating hydropower impacts on fish and other aquatic species, performing water quality analyses, conducting fish passage and survival studies, conducting salmonid ecology studies, evaluating hatchery programs, managing complex environmental data-sets.
Please review additional information in the Summary of Duties and Qualifications sections below. We expect to fill this vacancy as a junior or mid-level scientist and will prioritize candidates that are looking for a diversity of opportunities. If you are interested in new technical challenges and want to be part of a dynamic, growing team please considering applying today.
Position Title: Environmental Scientist 1-3
Duty station: We intend to fill the position in our Wenatchee office, but will also consider filling the position out of Seattle or Stevenson, Washington.
Summary of Duties:
Environmental scientists at Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions (Four Peaks) perform a wide range of tasks to support environmental studies related to fishery and water resource issues in the Pacific Northwest.
|Category of work |
(% of time dedicated)
|Description of related tasks and duties|
|Data Analysis and Report Writing|
|Compose written narratives for reports and other client correspondence. Develop accurate and effective written interpretations of data supported by the best available scientific references. Prepare and conduct quantitative and statistical analyses for reports. Generate high quality figures, tables and other graphics to characterize study results.|
|Perform desktop data entry and data queries. Perform QA/QC on data entry and operational processes. Conduct routine data transfers and uploads from sampling equipment to data storage devices or databases.|
|Support Field Studies|
|Assist with project planning, logistics and implementation (for example, site reconnaissance and procurement and installation of field equipment). Conduct work safely and effectively in a field setting that may involve inclement weather and/or use of a watercraft. Travel to field locations in the Pacific Northwest is required.|
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum) in a science or engineering discipline is required. A graduate degree focusing on fisheries, aquatic resource science, water resource engineering is preferred
- Proficiency writing technical reports and other scientific documents
- Demonstrated ability to convey study results through effective written analyses and summaries
- Proficiency collecting data, conducting statistical analyses or modeling, and presenting data visually
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years of professional experience in fisheries, aquatic resource science, water resource engineering or a related discipline.
- High level of motivation and willingness to take on a wide range of tasks
Desired Experience (not required):
- Evaluating hydropower impacts on fish and other aquatic species
- Performing water quality analyses
- Conducting fish passage and survival studies focusing on juvenile or adult salmonids
- Evaluating hatchery programs
- Managing complex environmental data-sets
- Experience tracking fish with acoustic or radio telemetry technology
Summary of Employee Benefits:
- An annual profit-based bonus reflecting company wide performance
- 8 paid holidays
- 12 days/year of vacation leave
- 10 Days/year of sick leave
- Health Insurance for full-time employees
- Cell phone allowance
Name: Joe Miller
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received. We will accept applications until September 13, 2018.