To apply for a position at Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions, please complete the application and send to email@example.com.
Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions, LLC is a growing environmental science and engineering consulting firm serving public and private entities in the Pacific Northwest. We help clients solve challenges in the aquatic environment requiring expertise in scientific research, water resources management, data science, and regulatory compliance. Our work environment is fast-paced with a work-hard/play-hard attitude. Our mission is to provide data-driven, cost-effective solutions and the highest level of customer service.
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Scientist 1-2 position to assist with data management and project implementation needs. The ideal candidate will have a quantitative/data management background, solid communication skills and the ability to work independently in office and field settings. Please review additional information in the Summary of Duties and Qualifications sections below. Although we are looking to fill a junior level position, we’d also consider a more senior candidate if exceptionally well qualified. If you are interested in new technical challenges and want to be part of a dynamic, growing team please considering applying today.
Position Title: Environmental Scientist 1-2
Duty station: We intend to fill the position in our Wenatchee office, but will also consider filling the position out of Seattle or Stevenson, Washington.
Summary of Duties:
Environmental scientists at Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions (Four Peaks) perform a wide range of tasks to support environmental studies related to fishery and water quality issues in the Pacific Northwest.
|Category of work |
(% of time dedicated)
|Description of related tasks and duties|
|Data Analysis and Report Writing|
|Prepare and conduct quantitative and statistical analyses for reports. Generate high quality figures, tables and other graphics to characterize study results. Compose written narratives for reports and other client correspondence.|
|Assist with database queries and maintenance activities, perform QA/QC on data entry and operational protocols. Assist database engineer with the development of database architecture, automated data processing logic, and user interface development.|
|Support Field Studies|
|Assist with project planning, logistics and implementation (for example, site reconnaissance and procurement and installation of field equipment). Conduct work safely and effectively in a field setting that may involve inclement weather and/or use of a watercraft. Travel to field locations in the Pacific Northwest is required.|
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum) in a science or engineering discipline is required. Emphasis on environmental science/engineering preferred.
- Aptitude in data collection, statistical analyses or modeling, and data presentation.
- Organizational, problem solving, and oral/written communication skills required. Four Peaks is a small firm and the candidate will need to be able to take initiative independently.
- 2+ years of professional experience in aquatic resource science, engineering, or, related discipline preferred, but not required.
- Experience in telemetry or other technologies and understanding of key environmental issues in the Pacific Northwest is a strong plus.
Summary of Employee Benefits:
• An annual profit-based bonus reflecting companywide performance
• 8 paid holidays
• 12 days/year of vacation leave
• 10 Days/year of sick leave
• Health Insurance for full-time employees
• Cell phone allowance
Name: Amy Lewis
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received. We will accept applications until February 28, 2018.